Saturday, September 25, 2010

Quick Change

On Tuesday this week I suffered, along with all the other folks in this part of Japan, through the lingering summer heat and humidity. I think I heard the temperature was 33 degrees Celsius. In any case, too hot for the second half of September. Yesterday, compliments of a passing typhoon, the temperature dropped under ominous skies to a low last night of 13! I almost had to get another blanket out. It rained again, cats and dogs, as I taught my quilt classmates. This afternoon the sun broke through and my guess is that if I went up on the roof of the building or down to the levee by the river, I'd be able to see Mt. Fuji, like last year when I took the picture I use as my Facebook profile. I expect that the weather will get warm again before we have real autumn, but it is nice now for a day or two after the scorchers earlier in the week.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really do prefer meeting in person. It was so good to see you after such a long time.

This is crazy weather indeed. One day baking and the next hunting up extra blankets. The higanbana seemed to know something I could not. They just popped up overnight and bloomed only missing the equinox by one day.
The word is ... the winter is going to be colder than usual this year. Too bad there's no way to save some of the heat!
much love, Julie