Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012 Tokyo Great Quilt Festival

 Some of the people who follow this blog are really interested in the quilt shows in Japan.  So, since I was at the Tokyo Dome yesterday for the Opening of this year's show and took a load of photos I thought I would share.  The arrangement of displays and vendors and the stage were changed this year.  At the beginning of the day it was quite easy to get around and take photos. As the day progressed it got more crowded, but still not as bad as my experience last year. Don't know if it was the day, the weather or the rearrangement.

My Quilt teacher has a framed piece in this year's show, as well as a bag in the Silent Auction, and on the first day did a demonstration of her Paper Piecing technique.  

Find the whole collection at the following:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107123733477272247567/2012TokyoGreatQuiltFestival?authkey=Gv1sRgCP_VgK7U_v6RbQ#   

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos of the Tokyo Quilt Festival.
I would love to get there one day, there are so many fabulous appliquers? in Japan.

Georgia said...

Hi Dorothy, thanks for your comment. I learned to hand applique here in Japan watching my friend Julie while she made an Hawaiian quilt some years ago. She's a very accomplished hand sewer/appliquer/quilter. Read a good article recently about the Japanese choice of fabric for applique.