Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feeling my age

I found out yesterday at Quilting Class why no one from the class commented on my last entry. Age is catching up again! I misspelled the address for the blog when I gave it to them. No wonder Google couldn't find it! When I was talking to her on the phone this morning, Yasuko said she read my past entries and would keep reading, so that means I have to keep writing!

Today is my birthday, lets just say I've reached a ripe old age (whatever that may mean). Yesterday for lunch, all my quilting classmates brought salads. It was colorful and wonderful and very tasty. Yasuko made an apple pie for the afternoon break. Today after prayer meeting Megumi san brought out a cake for everyone to share. It was a chocolate Swiss roll from Cozy Corner with strawberries on top and whole banana rolled up in the center.

6 comments:

Emiko.HYKW said...

Happy birthday to you!

I'm Emiko, your quiltclassmate.
I'm sorry. I can't speak English.
But がんばります。

See you nest week.

Have a nice day!

Georgia said...

Hi Emiko!

Your English is fine!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. See you next Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Georgia,
The slide show is fantastic! Beautiful scenery and homes.
Don't feel badly about getting older, it beats all the other alternatives.

I returned from Maine on the 22nd and have spent the time catching up on all that has grown and settled here. The back yard in particular was severely overgrown. So every Monday and Thursday (trash days) I fill the 5 cans with yard material and call it a day!

It has also been very hot - into the 90's and that continues through this week. I had hoped the worst of the heat would be over when I arrived, but sadly no.

Already had 2 days of hearings and attended a meeting at USF about mentoring principals. I will also be working with some in Pasco. In fact, I have meetings with them scheduled for this coming week.

I'll be checking out your home here to see how it is this week.

You are becoming quite the photographer!

Take care,

Bob

Georgia said...

Yes well, time marches on. You'll be the same age as me very soon.

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

Georgia, I'm so sorry I've been so busy! Did you get my card? I tried to send you one for your birthday. I hope it got there in time. I hope you had a nice day. Apple pie and chocolate cake! おいしそうね。

I hope you are doing well.

Jaime Marie

Georgia said...

Hi Jaime Marie, I've been incredibly busy too! But your card arrived on the 1st as you meant it to! Good work! I'm loving the fall weather, which we have so little of in Fla. We did have a typhoon last week though - just like home. I'm doing some better, as we have a 3 day weekend because of a saijitsu on Monday. No, it's not Columbus Day!