Sunday, December 6, 2009

Anniversary


I arrived in Japan for my fourth time one year ago. It looks as if I may be able to stay for about one more year, thanks to the generosity and prayers of many of you, my friends and supporters.

I must say that I would like to push thoughts of packing and moving as far into the future as possible, just on general principles. Ugh!


I have been able to re-establish relationships with most of my friends from past visits as well as making some new ones. I've learned how to do some new things - mostly with computers. have honed some skills, mostly in sewing and have even learned some Japanese, though woefully little compared to the vastness of the language.


I ride a bike now instead of jumping in the car, use yen instead of dollars, call people using my computer and eat cold rice for lunch by choice.


It's a different way of life, but one that I enjoy most of the time.


So, for a while longer you can check in on me here. Thanks for following even when I haven't had much to say. Write a comment - I read them all and answer most. Mata neh - till next time.

3 comments:

Cheryl AKA "Haku Seki" said...

happy anniversary!!

Georgia said...

AKA Willow Moon (^0^)

Thanks! Just put up new pix from my neighborhood. I just got a brain wave - You could prayerwalk with the pictures!

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

What a blessing that you can stay one more year! I'm so excited for you!