Sunday, February 28, 2010

Don't look now, but...

February is all but over for 2010. Sometimes time really gets away from me.
So, the first week of March - here in Japan - Hina Matsuri is celebrated on the third. This is a holiday just for girls, it's Doll festival. Little girls display their collection of dolls representing the Emperor and Emperess and their court. Doting parents and grandparents buy dolls for the collection. These are not to be played with, but are just for "pretty" and are to be admired.
On the third I will be joining a group of women from OMF and other Missions for the JEMA Ladies Retreat in my favorite place to go in Japan - Karuizawa.

1 comment:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

What amazes me about those dolls (besides how beautiful and intricate they are) is how expensive they can be! In my Japanese class, I learned that they are like family heirlooms because a complete set can cost a fortune.

I don't suppose they make Walmart models?

How did your sushi class go?

What's so special about Karuizawa? I've never heard you mention it before.

Hope all is going well for you.

Lots of love,

Jaime Marie