Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Clever Cat and Discovery at Daiei

You may remember Stubby chan, the Guest Home Cat. She's lived at the GH longer than anyone else. Since Gareth and Ruth are away, Stubby and I are taking care of the GH this week. My primary responsibility in Stubby's estimation is to ensure she has food in her bowl at quite regular intervals. On Saturday, my day off, the upstairs neighbor was asked to perform the feeding duties. Today I was about a half hour later than usual. After filling Stubby chan's bowl I saw the neighbor coming out of the office next door. She asked if I had fed the cat. Sometime earlier she had come out the front door of her apartment and there was Stubby waiting on her doorstep as if to say, "Georgia's probably not coming today, are you going to feed me?" Stubby is in her late teens, and looks more like an 'old cat' all the time, but where food is concerned, she doesn't miss a trick.

After making sure Stubby had an adequate lunch I walked into the town center to the Daiei Department store's food floors to get ground coffee and something for lunch. Coming up the escalator I saw that the display at the top had a definite "Christmas" theme. There was a small display of Christmas cards in the corner. To my delight I found 4 different cards that had an evening snow scene that included a church with a cross on the spire, and no mention of the new year inside! The cards are from the Sanrio company (Hello Kitty's Company).

No comments: