Saturday, August 27, 2011

Karuizawa Revisited

I'm just back from 5 days in Karuizawa.  It felt like at least a week more. But, no, I'm back in Ichikawa.  Tomorrow guests start arriving again after almost two weeks without any. So it's back to work. 

I promised something new in the way of Karuizawa pictures.  As it's one of my favorite places to go I have lots of pictures.  This time I did make it to the Outlet Mall, which I hadn't visited before.  Most of the stock is aimed for twentysomethings and most carry only Japanese sizes, even in the American or British shops (L.L.Bean, Burberry's). and everything is pretty pricey, or spendy or expensive.

I didn't expect to get to the Pearly Gates, and who knew it was a Golf Shop? And who can make sense of a golf shop being called Pearly Gates?  One of those inscrutable Japanese mysteries perhaps. Or is it a shop started in another country?

There was a quartet of young people playing wind instruments in a central area of the mall.  The music was classical and the young musicians disciplined as one begins to expect in Japan.
I came across this fungi family near our house.  They really looked like flowers, but are probably a kind of mushroom.
The last time I photographed this small lake near Ohga Hall there was a rather sizable bridge across it.  The bridge is no more, alas. I rather liked it. Don't know why they took it down.






So, back to the grind.  Still trying to get settled in my apartment. Wanting very much to start some sewing projects as few things I have fit very well. I'm stuck with super casual with a few pieces of dressier clothes, some of which fits and some too large.


6 comments:

Cheryl AKA "Haku Seki" said...

what a great problem to have, Georgia! Congrats on being fit and feeling better :D

Georgia said...

Hi Cheryl. Yea, sort of a nice problem, but I can't just go out and shop the sales at WalMart! So, for a little while I'll look like I'm wearing my big sister's clothes.

Julie Fukuda said...

Welcome back to the grind. I was looking for something new and fresh to wear too but nothing in my size either..at least at a price I can afford.

Georgia said...

Wakarimashita!

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the grinder or the grindee though.

Judy Hale said...

So glad you had a good rest. I wish you were here for all that sewing. I need some new clothes as well. I know you and you will accomplish what you need too in just the right time. Never fear.
Were you able to find the cup I requested?
We continue to pray for you and your work there but miss our face to face talks.

Georgia said...

Yes Judy, cup is in hand and soon to be in the mail!