Friday, August 5, 2011

On the Downhill Stretch

Over the past few days I have said goodbye to numerous guests and washed sheets and towels and cleaned bathrooms and remade beds.  Today there remains one couple - here to next Wednesday and one Serve Japan worker who is spending one more night before he flies home, and a family of 5.  It sounds like a lot when I put it on paper, but compared to last week's mob it's really light duty.

After a couple of weeks with temperatures less than 30 degrees, Celsius it's starting to get warmer again.  I turned the air conditioning on in the office this afternoon to see if it would render me more alert and less sleepy.  The jury is still out. However, I do feel like the burden of the summer Guest Home schedule is lifting.

Tomorrow I will go lead the Free Discussion time for IVIS.  I haven't been able to do that for several months, and have heard that they have found some other people from some countries, where English is a second language, to converse with.  I plan to see what their plans are for their summer vacation or what their "dream vacation" would be. My job is to see that everyone has a chance to speak and express their ideas on the subject. 

Next week I will have a visitor from California! Yay! Visitors are good.  She is one of my Prayer Partners and has been doing some short term missions work in several places in Japan over the last month.  She'll stay with me for about 5 days and I hope to be able to show her some interesting things in and around Tokyo.

I've got some fabric and patterns waiting for me too, so it looks like it's goodbye drudgery, hello fun during the summer season at the OMF Ichikawa Guest Home.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Except for the heat, it looks like things are looking up. Well, maybe the heat is going up too. I will be off to camp next week. I have no idea what to take as I hear it gets cool at night.
Miss you!