Thursday, December 23, 2010

Today was bright and sunny...

The Sky Tree on the right. Fuji san
dimly center horizon
It's the National Holiday that starts our winter break to celebrate Christmas and the New Year. A typical winter day in the Tokyo area. It's also the unofficial beginning of the Mt Fuji viewing season. I went into the station area this afternoon and thought it was a great day to go to the top of the I-Link building with the observation area at the top. I was surprised to see the stairway up one more level open as it has been closed on my previous visits. With the bright sun and the glass, picture taking was difficult, but I gave it a try. Here's one shot. Hopefully I can get the rest on to the slide show at the right.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes, it turned out to be a fine day. My Scouts went to mochi pounding near Asakusa. Taito #4 Troop invites us every year. No view of Mt. Fuji but the soup was delicious and we got in some exercise pounding.

Georgia said...

Did you put the mochi in the soup?