Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
New Year's Day in Japan is the quietest day of the year. Most folks go to their ancestral home place to spend the holiday with their family and arrive on or before the 31st. Most workers except for those in essential services have time off, sometimes 3 or 4 days. I'm told that on the first and second of January Mt. Fuji is visible in the Tokyo area most years because of the decrease in smog on those days. Even from our roof, which is like the fourth floor of the building, I could see the very top quarter or so of the mountain this morning. I seem to remember that in years past you could see more of the mountain. Either my memory is faulty (I know it is) or they have built new and taller structures in the way.
I hope you all will enjoy your families, have a little rest and set your sights on what you would like to accomplish in the coming year.
God's blessings on you all for the coming year.

No comments: