Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beginning Week Four

Upon entering the final week of my stint here in Hokkaido for Language School I am happily surprised that it has gone as well as it has. We are nearing the end of the text, "Japanese in 45 Hours" and my Japanese teacher has reccommended that I continue when I get back to Ichikawa with the sequel and with weekly language sessions. OMF's Language Advisor will find someone suitable to teach me.

We've had some more snow over the weekend, so what else is new? It would be great to visit here in the summer, I think, just to see the contrast.

I am looking forward to getting back to familiar old Ichikawa.

1 comment:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

I'm sure you've made huge strides in refining the language. I had to chuckle when I read that you were having a tough time with the na-nouns; I was discouraged, too, when there was no apparent rhyme or reason to it. What's really tricky is when you have a na-noun like "kirei" because it ends in "i" like a regular adjective. Thank goodness for dictionaries!

:( I failed my driving test on Thursday, but I'm going back again tomorrow. I hope this is the last time... I was looking at my email this morning and saw an article that said a woman had to retake the test 776 times! Twice is enough!

I hope you have a lovely last week in Hokkaido, and I know that the warmer Ichikawa weather and many friends will be awaiting your return.