Sunday, May 1, 2011

24 hours in Kimitsu

I walked to church today, even though it would have been possible to ride the bike. During my wee jaunt to the Boso Peninsula yesterday I rode trains and in a car the whole visit. So I figured I needed  the exercise.

The city of Kimitsu is quite a bit more hilly than Ichikawa, and since I was not driving, I continually felt I had no idea where I was geographically nor any sense if which way to go to get anywhere. During my stay I sampled Chinese, Australian, American and Japanese cuisines.

The coverage of the Royal Wedding by Japanese television was interesting in where they decided to cut to commercials. You kind of got the notion that they felt that since they were all speaking English it didn't much matter if they cut away mid-sentence from the Scripture reading or the homily.

I loved the Queen in yellow, but thought poor Phillip looked like he was being swallowed by the collar of his uniform jacket. And Fergie's girls - well if you can't say anything nice... Loved the trees in Westminster. It looked like they were getting married in a formal garden. On reflection it probably would have been nice to manage the bride's train another way than to make her sister run around to straighten it out every little whipstitch.

I'm still wondering why there are so many shops I've not seen before in Kimitsu. I am also wondering when I'll be able to return to see the things I've missed.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Sounds like fun. I am now suffering the frustration of a computer that won't work and waiting around for my husband to walk the dog so I can use his. But then...his is all in Japanese and the keyboard is full of food crumbs and slop. Mega frustration!