Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changing Times

When I was in college, many long years ago, one of my mottoes was "Nothing's Quite As Sure As Change" I have in subsequent times discovered that God never changes, but stuff having to do do with human beings often does.

This week and next I re-experience the role of Ichikawa OMF Guest Home Manager while the Aylings are in Hokkaido.  Yes, I have subbed for them before, but this time they are preparing for their imminent departure from Japan. When they go I will be in charge for real. True, I did run the Guest Home myself from 2000 to 2002, but then I was younger, the Guest Home was new, and not so many people knew about it.

So, now, I relearn the rhythms of cleaning, and greeting, and laundry, and bookings, and accounting, and shopping, and finding time off for myself. While this is going on there are still a few things I need to do in the Serve Japan Office from time to time. 

I'm praying that I can pace myself to run well in the race that is set before me.

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Ah yes, my friend. And don't forget your own health and sanity.

Laurie Elliot said...

Will be praying - I think the guest home is one of the more CRUCIAL OMF ministries.

Georgia said...

Thanks Laurie, it's really a challenge to do it right. It might be slightly better when I can drop the Serve Japan work.