Saturday, September 17, 2011

No, I didn't get lost, I've just been busy!

After two weeks of fairly constant Guest Home work I realized I hadn't done a blog post for nearly two weeks.  That's no way to keep the readership interested. The other part of that is I attended a new (to me) English Circle today and invited participants to take a look at my blog.  Well, who wants to see a two week old blog entry?

So, where was today's meeting? Narashino City. One of the IVIS members who I met some years ago on the bus trip to Yokohama, I believe, invited me to come to speak to this other group he belongs to in his home area. Their format is quite different. The speaker has an hour to fill and then after coffee break there is a Q and A time.  Since I had been asked on relatively short notice, and this was a new group, I drew on something I had already prepared and expanded it a bit.  I took my "To Everything There Is A Season" wall hanging and after giving a brief history of my travels to and from Japan over the last 12 years I told them about my "Japanese Memories." 

They were a lovely responsive group and took the lesson on the proper pronunciation of the word "Quilt" in good stride. They also stayed with me in my explanation of the block I call "My Japanese Family Name" and made the jump from Andoh to Andoh san to Anderson eventually.

I will admit I was apprehensive, but I ended up having a really good time.

Thank you for inviting me, Narashino City English Circle!

No comments: