Saturday, June 2, 2012

One More Chance

It's Saturday again and I have returned from the second of the two English Classes I was asked to help with.  Last week's class was just 'okay' due to my neck pain. I got through the lesson, but felt it lacked something.  This week I'm feeling so much better and was determined to make the class more interesting.  We practiced our key phrase, "Can you help me, please?" We talked about asking for different things like another color, bigger size, food, beverages.  The second half of the class I had everyone practice with a partner and the buzz generated by that activity had a very contented sound.  I asked them to practice greeting each other in English and in American style, Saying Hi instead of Hello and asking, "How are you?" but not expecting a truthful answer.  The class time was over, all two hours, and they were still talking happily in English and Japanese. 

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. I am always looking for a good topic to use with my Jiyu group. Two hours id a long time slot to fill.