Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Down to the Wire

'Bye, friends from the Missionary Activity Group at Living Word. (at right) 'Bye, friends at church and school and neighbors. 'Bye, family and friends I've known since High School, (Oh, yeah, there's only one of them.) 'Bye, car and driving on Rte. 19. 'Bye, America.

Take care of things till I get back.

Welcome to Willow Moon who has joined my followers. Glad to have you. Thanks for your prayers. Jamie Marie, that is such an interesting picture. You'll have to explain it to me sometime. And your blog, is it all in Japanese? You are so bright!

Talk to you all soon from Ichikawa City!

1 comment:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

May God grant you safe travels! I'm so excited for you. Actually, I have to say I was so pleased when I heard that you were arriving at Narita Airport. One of the modules in the Japanese class I took was about the train system in Tokyo. I had to map out an "imaginary" route for myself to "travel" virtually. I was overwhelmed with kanji when I looked at the subway map. Asakusasen wo noru tsumori deshou ka. Ishikawashi wa Chibashi kara chikai desu ka.

The picture is a painting by Richard Redgrave, called "The Poor Teacher." I first saw it on the cover of Jane Eyre, which is one of my favorite books. I just find it inspiring to look at and remember what a strong woman of moral integrity and determination Jane Eyre was.

Yes, I am trying to expand my fluency in Japanese. I finished a three year Japanese program last spring and have been pining for it ever since! So, I'm listening to music in Japanese, trying to read a book in Japanese, and attempting to practice grammar in the blog. So, if you see a lot of mistakes, heta na gakusei dake meiki shite kudasai.

Once again, you are in my thoughts and prayers. God will use you powerfully, and I know that He has chosen this time for you for a reason.