Monday, December 8, 2008

Jet Lag

As I attempt to recover from subjecting my body and mind to a trans Pacific flight, I look from the window of my room at the Guest Home and see the houses across the street. Boxes for flowers; umbrellas drying in the sun to discourage mildew. The Mercedes belongs to Dr. Ando the dentist.

I am more amazed by how much has stayed the same here than by the changes. The 100 yen shops are still in the same places. At the bakery they are still rolling things like nori seaweed into yeast rolls and baking them. (Not too bad, really.)

3 comments:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

I am so thankful that you made your trip so safely. I loved your "tadaima" story...I'll have to try that if I ever go. I hope that your body is adjusting well, and that you feel more rested very soon.

Anne Collins said...

Hi Georgia,
How are you? We are well. You're blog is really neat.
Have a great day. How far is your time behind or ahead?
Anne Collins

Anne Collins said...

Hi Georgia,
I enjoy reading your emails and blog. I'll be praying that you find an apartment.
We are well. We have a chance of snow tonight.
Woopee.
Take care.
Anne Collins