Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mitsukoshi Quilt Exhibition 2010

My quilting teacher was asked to make a quilt for the Mitsukoshi Department Store Exhibition this year. Today, she and her husband and another visiting American friend and I will go to see the exhibition. She will also be doing some kind of presentation there and wants to introduce Mary Ann (the other American) who is a doll maker to everyone there.

I just got a phone call from Sensei saying she wants to take my wall hanging and introduce me as well. She sees me and it as some type of International cooperation which she would like to promote.

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm planning to go tomorrow. Today was the school's Taisokai ... not the best of weather ...
Your hanging is just GREAT and you are worth promoting!

Georgia said...

The Show is fabulous! Some really amazing work. Yasuko drew quite a crowd. She is a sometimes shameless self promoter, I just don't do things that way. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Julie Fukuda said...

That was a great show. I went back before I hit the exit and walked it over another time. I can't imagine any of those on beds. Who would have a wall big enough to hang any of those on?