Monday, October 4, 2010

Volunteering - A sure way to get into trouble.

Now that I think about it, volunteering is how I got to Japan in the first place, but that's a whole other story.

A year ago April I answered a call from the OMF Headquarters office in Singapore asking for people who would be willing to work on a sewing project for the remodeled office.  By the time everyone got their ideas together a year had gone by and there were two of us signed on for the sewing job.  The finished product is to be 5 banners - each 210cm long and 60cm wide. The graphics for each banner were done in Thailand and then the pieces were sent to me to put together and machine quilt and finish. There have been little aggravating problems all along the way - not enough letters cut out, the batik pieces being a bit different in size to one another, pieces sewn together crookedly. On top of all that, I have difficulty finding blocks of time to work on the project, and I really wasn't pleased with the color of fabric chosen for the backs of the banners.

All that said, the work is getting done. Maybe not as fast as originally anticipated, but step by step, I might make it.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Gambatte! If anyone can do it, you can.

Unknown said...

Julie san, I thought you would volunteer to help(^0^)