Saturday, July 9, 2011

Meet the Happy Couple

Today was Yuka and Tomoyuki's wedding.  This was the first Japanese wedding I've attended that hasn't been at my home Church. Yuka has worked as Accounts Assistant at the Japan OMF HQ for 8 years. We followed the progress of this relationship with great joy and anticipation culminating today with the wedding.

All of the details were worked out in advance and you could see the thoughtfulness in every phase of the afternoon. If there were any missteps, the congregation at large was not aware of them. Here is the happy couple serving cake to their guests. Lots of smiles.





Close to exhaustion I think, but plans well made were executed and the wedding was truly a celebration of God's love and care for these two and their friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting for next post

Church In The Gap said...

Georgia san
It was a great joy to have you at my wedding ceremony and the following parting. Thank you so much for coming. Thank you also for your help cleaning room and lounge that actual I should have done befor I leave.

I am now in Osaka, unpacking, unpacking and unpacking boxes....

Georgia said...

Mrs. Kusaka,

It was certainly my pleasure to attend such a joyful occasion.

It's too hot to unpack. I'm not finished yet either.