Sunday, July 8, 2012

Not Exactly What You Might Be Expecting

Today was the annual performance of Voice of Adoration.  They are the women's Black Gospel Choir at the Chapel of Adoration in Ichikawa City.  They are better every year, gaining confidence and ease in performing their music. I really enjoy them, even though I know they are not black, but Japanese and that they feel more comfortable with music that can be clearly written on a proper staff than they could ever  be with the "call and respond" style of the choirs they emulate.  But still, once I get past all that I know that they are doing a great job reaching out to others.  Not all of the members are Christians, but by participating they come to know Christian community and love for others.  The performance draws many family and friends from nearby and all are welcomed and invited to come back. I guess the best part is that the choir looks like they're having more fun than anybody. 

No comments: