Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

After unsettled weather yesterday today was a really pretty day with lots of sunshine and a bit of a breeze.

Went with friend, Ruth, to Yotsuya to get my new set of Japanese Textbooks so that when I start to work with my new teacher we will have something to work on!

After Yotsuya we went to Akihabara. Some of you will know this is the electronic headquarters of Tokyo (maybe Japan) (maybe the world)! Ruth had seen an electronic dictionary on sale there and decided to take another look. She decided to get it, so that means I get the hand-me-down one she had. All I have to do now is learn to use it.

Actually, I almost forgot that before we went to Tokyo we had lunch at a Nepalese Curry restaurant in Ichikawa. Curry, salad, nan and chai latte, iced, and a little dessert that was maybe yogurt, with coconut and maybe little tapiocas in it with mango sauce. Nice combination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Georgia!

I really enjoy reading you blog and decided to write to you this way instead of by email.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood, here, too. No rain is both the good and the bad news. The resevoir is literally empty in Tampa. But the skies are blue and the temp is in the low to mid 70's. Not bad

while you're getting settled in, I'm starting the countdown to closing up the house for the summer and going to Maine. I'll leave on May 6, about 6 weeks from now. In the process I still find things to donate to Hospice, even after 4 years.

I gave another load of dress shirts and sport coats that I haven't worn since I retired to the son of Linda, my secretary/assistant a couple of weeks ago and next will be suits. I just don't need them anymore, and don't want to ever have to wear them again on a regular basis.

I went by your home yesterday to check the windows and doors and everything is fine.

Can't remember if I told you this so if I did, skip on tho the next paragraph! Scott and Audrey are being transferred back to Pittsburgh after a little more than a year in Texas. USS is closing up the headquarters in Dallas and bringing it back. this is the first time they've really been disappointed in a move. they actually liked texas and loved their home and neighborhood. Skip and Charlotte, however, are very happy that they will be coming back home.

Your new apartment sounds really nice and it seems that furnishing and equiping it has come together for you.

Take care,

Bob

Georgia said...

Keeping things in perspective it might be good to note that my apartment would easily fit in your livingroom/diningroom area. All of it. Really!

I'm hoping to get some things done for the kitchen - like some curtains and potholders and stuff, and the bathroom - trim on the towels etc. to make it look all coordinated. When I make some progress there I want to get the pics up on the slideshow so everybody can see.

Of course you're invited to come see in person if you like. Where you'd fit that into your schedule as a retired person I wouldn't know :o)

Hard to beleive you're getting ready for the trek north already. Seems like you're always coming or going!

Hopefully Scott and Audrey will be able to find a home with a space for the table you built them.

Kyo Tsukete,
(take care in Japanese)
G.