Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Name's on the Mailbox !

I have returned to Ichikawa, arriving Friday evening and booked into the room at the Guest Home I was in previous to my month in Sapporo . I've unpacked, talked with friends, met some new folks, have been to a couple of nice places to eat, been to church, and have watched a video.

This afternoon my friend Ruth came by and told me about this sale at a local bakery where you get a coupon worth half of your purchase  to buy even more stuff by April. As we started out for the bakery I said that even if we couldn't see inside my new apartment until we pick up the key tomorrow afternoon, it would be nice to see where it is. At the point where we were about to turn down the street, we met my old friend Sachiko-san. When she found out where we were going she decided to come along.

The building looks very well kept up on the outside. It was very quiet, being on the corner of two small streets. Across the one street is a kid's play park, which Sachiko says is also an evacuation point in case of earthquake.

Sachiko-san looked at the mailboxes and discovered that the one for Apt 205 already had a label with my name printed on it, in English and spelled exactly correctly!

No comments: