Thursday, March 5, 2009

Moving Update

Map image

The building at the center of the picture is where my new apartment is; the second floor, upper right in the picture. It's a 15 minute walk to the office and a little less than ten to Ichikawa station. The space on the left is a playground. It's only about a block and a half to the river.

I got the kitchen storage unit called a shokidana. It holds dishes and appliances and whatever else you want to put in there. The one I got is large - three doors across, and upper and lower cabinets. The microwave I was given is small and even though it can also be used as an oven, there was no oven shelf in it when it came to me, so I may have to investigate getting another one. I'm also thinking about getting a bicycle. I don't so much mind the walking, but shopping is a lot easier with a bike with front and back baskets.

Tomorrow the gas gets turned on and on Saturday is the final move of the last of my things here at the Guest home.

1 comment:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

Glad to hear everything is coming together for you! Have you seen very many children at the playground?