Monday, April 18, 2011

A New Week

It's Monday again, funny how those keep coming around with regularity. I've just spent the morning and half of the afternoon catching up on admin work for Serve Japan.  I will soon head for home on my bike. Once there I will put the cover on it because they are predicting rain for the next two days. (Some of my joints confirm that forecast.)

I sent a newsletter email out a little while ago with a link to a video recently put together by OMF and open to anyone to distribute.  The pictures were taken in the last week or two and permission was obtained to use a Twila Paris song to enhance the theme.  If you haven't yet, take a look at it: http://vimeo.com/22420842

I took more pictures over the weekend, but haven't resolved the online storage issues.  I hope to do so soon. This past Sunday event was a walk to the Yawata section of Ichikawa City to see a small quilt exhibition by the students of a local quilt teacher who is a former student of my quilt teacher.  There were some interesting pieces and some really nice hand bags.  Photos some day soon.  stay tuned. 

We had lots of wind last Friday and sun over the weekend, so the blossoming trees mostly are now showing their new leaves and the Fuji (Wisteria) are getting ready for their show which always comes in the wake of the Cherry Blossom season and is somewhat overshadowed by it.  The Kanji for wisteria is a part of my surname in Japanese, so it holds it's own special place in my heart.

No comments: