Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quilting Day

Actually a lot of different kinds of projects get worked on by the members of my quilting class. Today I worked on a handbag. The fabric is from a small shop that used to be in Karizawa. The owner of the shop likes to  experiment with different weaving techniques. This fabric is a grey base with grey, black, silver and white yarns kind of "floated" on top using a jacquard loom. I've paired it with black "leatherette" read vinyl. It's coming out rather well. Pictures later.

We're also working on "kinchyaku" to send to Tohoku. I think I talked about these before. The cloth drawstring bags that have been traditionally used by ladies in Japan to carry stuff in.  We were given fabric and instructions today - Homework!

In anticipation of my moving back to the Guest Home to run it when Aylings go back to the UK, notice was given to my landlord that I will be vacating. Lots of good stuff to find new homes for. Busy days ahead. Tomorrow Ms S and I go to get tickets for our trip to Kyoto in May.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes, all you need is a bit of homework to do in all your "free" time. Good luck on the move. I do not envy you that one!