Monday, September 24, 2012

Last day in Japan till?

Today was filled with all manner of last minute things.  I needed to cancel my City registration and my Japan Health Care so headed out to the City Office with Sachiko san at 10:30.  We headed off for lunch after reasonable amounts of time waiting in a queue and filling out paper work to cancel both documents.  I did a last load of laundry and continued packing and organizing.  At this point it's much easier to decide not to bother taking things that were on the maybe list.  Space runs low.  I also chose my seat and printed my boarding pass.

Later I went to the SoftBank store to try to cancel my phone.  I wasn't able to do it though, they said that the contract holder has to come in to the store to cancel. So, Ruth, next time you come to Japan you can take care of that little detail.  Since I purchased the phone all those years ago I plan to just kidnap Pookette and take her back to Florida with me.

Had a cup of coffee with a colleague at Mr Donut and then came back to finish packing.  The Makinos stopped by to say goodbye with Emiko. Yasuko called for advice on the title of the Tokyo Dome Quilt for January.  She has to send it in for photos sometime in October.

I have the alarm set for 5am.  We leave Ichikawa at 7:30 the plane leaves at 11:00.  I think everything's done.