Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day Six

 
 

After yesterday's party where we all made sushi rolls with the ingredients provided and had all kinds of extras like tuna mayonnaise and jellies, today's Pot Luck Farewell lunch at Quilting Class featured pork loin cooked in black tea and then marinated in Japanese flavors, Chirashi Zushi and Homemade pickled vegetables.

At right are members of my Wednesday Class and the Thursday Class that we sometimes get together with.

 









 
 






 
Sensei asked my classmates and some other quilters I had met through her to make a block for a friendship quilt for me.  Today I received the blocks which really reflect the personalities and color choices of each maker. When I get home I need to add sashing and probably a center square to even things out a bit.  What I'm wondering now is if anyone out there has a good idea for the type/color of sashing fabric?  Please set me know what you think.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh they do look so nice together. It was smart of Sensei to provide the white fabric so they are that much coordinated. Maybe something light?

Georgia said...

Yep, Sensei is one smart cookie. Maybe something with light background, and little hearts in the different colors?