Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Yesterday I stayed home to wait for the Air Conditioner repair guy. The day before one of my neighbors told me that she was glad the hot weather was over and I should be too, because of the terrible noise my AC made. You know, I knew it was making a kind of banging noise when it shut down, but I thought It always did it, so I wasn't too fussed. Turns out it's a bad compressor motor. The part had to be ordered, so it looks like I'll be staying home Monday too.

I looked up baggage charges on Continental Airlines last night. Two bags no more than 62 linear inches (H+L+D) no more than 50 pounds each go free on International flights. One carry on 45" and no more than 40 pounds and one personal item like a purse. That is actually less than I have ever taken. The rule used to be two bags at 70 pounds each and I always had at least that.

I started a bag to carry my new computer and external drive and connecting wires and whatever. I had gotten a collection of Mary Englebreit cottons in a travel theme several years ago with some kind of travel tote in mind. When I saw the March Tilton for Vogue pattern I had that had a couple views of messenger bags, I knew that was what I wanted. I'll try to get a photo up when it's done. I have all the parts cut out and the interfacings. Time to start it soon.

Saturdays are always such drab days on the email front. Makes me think everyone is out doing something interesting. I'm usually home doing laundry and cleaning or sewing.

If you are checking in here, don't forget to leave me a message!

4 comments:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

Do you like sewing? My mom and I did some sewing together last year for my home-ec class; I made a table-runner and two aprons. I like sewing pretty well; the only problem is that I'm a little impatient with the process of cutting, pressing, and pinning. I guess I just like stepping on that sewing machine pedal!

Georgia said...

My major in college was Home Ec Ed. I love the process of cutting and sewing and pressing and seeing the idea I have in my mind come into being. I even like hand stitching! Just remember to keep your fingers out of the path of the needle when you step on the pedal!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Yours is the second blog I've seen - a great way to follow your comings and goings, and I liked all the pictures. It's hard to believe you will actually be on your way before long. Will be nice to see you this Thursday.

Georgia said...

Looking forward to Thursday too!