Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jealousy

It's a good thing inanimate objects don't have the capacity for jealousy. My new computer has arrived and it is just sooooo cute, that if it were possible, my faithful old Dell would be turning green!

Oh my! it is tiny, and portable. This one won't slow me down at all in the airport, or any where else. It comes with a camera and a microphone and Skype already installed. WooHoo.

I think the keyboard is small, but I think I might get used to it fairly easily. After all, it's way bigger than a telephone keyboard, and I'll have to get used to that soon too.

Yesterday was my last day at Cotee River. Ms K got up at dark thirty to make me chocolate cake with fudgy frosting and whipped cream between the numerous layers. (She's a keeper.)

I sent everyone my email address and how to get here, so unless they are incredibly laz.., I mean, blogphobic, lots of them should be leaving me messages and signing on to be followers real soon!

Don't just read, laugh and move on, leave some tracks!

4 comments:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

Jyojia,

What a blessing that you got a chance to make closer bonds with your friends. I was thinking about this earlier...you won't be able to be home for Christmas, will you? That must be hard, but I'm sure that your family is proud of the work you will be doing.

Have you ever been in Japan at Christmas time? I learned a little bit about the Japanese rendition of Christmas in my Japanese class, but it must be more authentic among the Christian population there.

Georgia said...

Being away for Christmas does a lot for your concept of what Christmas really should be. With OMF in Japan you can learn a lot about British traditions as well as Japanese Christian, and Non-Christian and even other parts of American tradition.

The biggest part of Japanese Christian celebration is the Christmas Eve church service. Often involving candlelight and some sort of outreach activity. Many curious Japanese will come to a Christmas Eve service if invited. Most folks go back to work on Christmas Day, and really get into the final preparations for New Year's Day, which is the biggest Japanese holiday of the year.

Anonymous said...

First, I am so sorry I missed your good bye. Second, I am WAY more jealous of you than your old dell is of your new computer!!!!!!

I love Christmas in Japan. It isn't such a commercial nightmare. It forces you to work to make Christmas instead of riding out the American Christmas production. I think learning about traditions beyond our own really expands our own beliefs. Merii Kurisumasu.

Have a wonderful time (I know you will) and post LOTS of pictures. (BTW, Kim better stop making these going away desserts or the entire staff will begin to leave!!!)

Have a blast!

Kimberly

Georgia said...

(^o^) Wakatta, Kim-san!