Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome !

Come on along with me as I make my fourth trip to Japan! Only three weeks till my departure date and lots of things to do before then. Friday, November 14 is my last day at Cotee River and I'm hoping lots of my friends there will follow along with my adventures and keep me up to date on what they're doing while I'm away.

Please feel free to leave me a message in the comments section or send me an email directly. I will still be sending out periodic letters to my supporters and to my band of prayer warriors. This blog is a place where I can record day to day happenings and send out pictures of what I'm seeing and doing. I hope you'll find it enjoyable.
The path you see in this picture is the way from the church (The Chapel of Adoration) to the OMF International Japan Headquarters building and the Guest Home where I'll be working. This picure was taken in 2004 when I was there last, so no doubt there have been changes. That's always one of the difficult things going back to a place where you have spent signifigant time. Things change, people change, buildings come down and others go up. I'm fortunate to have a core group of friends and coworkers to return to in this instance. It won't take long to get used to the other things that are different now.
So, come along, be sure you have your good walking shoes and open your mind to new sights, new sounds, new tastes. Japan, here we come!


10 comments:

Toe said...

I would like to follow you Jyojia.

Toe said...

let me know what you think

Unknown said...

Good luck!
I hope you write to tell us about your trip.
Maria B,

Georgia said...

Dear Toe, since you have not identified yourself as someone I know, it's difficult to let you know what I think. What do you think?

Maria B, I will try to keep you posted as much as possible. Thanks for letting me work with you!
Jyojia

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

Georgia, I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things God has in store for you. Thank you for letting me play a part in this great work.

Prayerfully,
Jaime Marie

Georgia said...

Hey JM, Thank you for your support!
J

Toe said...

So you don't know Toe? What's up with that? Maybe I'll see you in church tomorrow and you can meet Toe.

Georgia said...

I know Toe-mas and even Toe-JAM. Didn't know you went by just plain Toe!

Toe said...

Just Toe to my friends. . . both of them.

Bob said...

Have a wonderful trip. Stay safe.