Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One Good Thing

One good thing about having had this trip postponed from late August to now is that I spent some time over the summer getting ready and getting my house ready. So, even though I had gone back to living in my house rather than just packing it up, some of the basic things I had gotten ready have stayed that way.

Yesterday I went for a Sayonara visit to my Doctor, who has always been in favor of my going to Japan, and my BP was 110/70 and in fact he couldn't think of anything negative to say.

The next couple of days I am being taken out for meals by several different people and in between times I continue to clean and do things like apply for travel insurance.

Even though I know it intellectually, it will be difficult to become accustomed to the differentness of living in Japan, and being bigger than most everyone I come in contact with.
(Picture of a little girl dressed in yukata for a summer festival, from my collection of photos from 2004.)

3 comments:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

プーさん!とてもかわいくてきれいな浴衣ですねえ。その日に気が暑そうでしょうか。

Anonymous said...

Good morning! As one of the friends who has gone to dinner with you I wish you the best of everything and every success in your mission. You get to write your own script! Who would have thought the Indians would get to Japan.

Georgia said...

It worked! I think I might have a handle on this thing now? Ha! That's a dangerous thought. Aren't we Crimson Hawks now?