Monday, March 28, 2011

Able to Think at 6:00 am?

Maybe living in Japan keeps me more alert mentally. I don't always think so - sometimes I feel quite dull. Things like trying to figure out if we're due for a power outage when I'm slightly sleep deprived, and vertical, at a time of day when I'm usually still horizontal, makes me wonder if I have enough brain cells, and, if I do, where it is I keep them.

Such was the case this morning. When I went to bed last night it appeared that Group Two would probably have an outage starting at 9:20. I got up to turn on the heat and to check for more details at 6:00 am. I found that over the weekend, they had further divided the groups into A, B, C, D, and E, and the outage was for A, B, and C. What group was I now? All I could find were sites in Japanese, but eventually found a list by Prefecture. I clicked on Chiba and was presented with a list of all the cities and subdivisions and eventually found Ichikawa and Osu. We are now Group 2C.

No outages tomorrow. I can sleep in.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

By six AM I was home from rice delivery and heading back to count a few more Zs. With the game plan changing day by day you need to give up and go with the flow. We did find a gas station opened on the way home and Paul thought it best to fill the tank whle we had the opportunity. I seem to suddenly be living moment to moment. A bit hard for someone so used to planning.

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

Wow, that would be hard to keep track of... Still having the regular power outages? Get some rest!