Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Rather Shaky Day

The day started with several rolling shakes that got most folk I know out of bed.  There have been others throughout the day, just light ones, but reminders that we are not in control. I'm glad I know the God who is.

I was able to help out at the Guest Home this morning as there was no power cut. Then I got the filing caught up in Serve Japan. So I have a certain feeling of accomplishment.

Our team in Aomori were planning to set up a kitchen to make and serve curry rice. They found an area where people are able to live in their homes, but aren't able to get food easily. The local shelter requests food for the number of people staying there, but not for those living nearby. Curry rice is a kind of Japanese comfort food to many. It tends to be milder and sweeter than Indian curry and is served with Japanese short grain rice.

Tomorrow is the regular Prayer Meeting at JHQ and it's my turn to lead. There are an overwhelming number of things to pray for, so I hope to help us to encourage each other and to be thankful.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes, that was not the best way to begin the day.
Blessings, my friend!

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

What a simple yet profound and meaningful way to minister to Japan's hurting people: serving curry rice! I will be praying for you as you gather in prayer! So much love to you, Georgia, and thank you for sharing that love to the people around you.