Friday, March 25, 2011

In Denial in the Dark

Our power outage today was scheduled for the latest slot, starting at around 6:30 pm. All of the other outages for today were cancelled. We only actually had one or two this whole week, so I really felt that we wouldn't have one tonight ether. So, I was shocked when the power went off. I put on a sweater, got the book I'm reading currently and my battery powered book light. It lasted less than two hours. The temperature dropped 5 degrees Celsius in the living room.

I didn't think I was going to be able to buy any decent toilet paper today either, but as I glanced at the display in front of our neighborhood drug store coming home, there were a few packages of my favorite brand (Americans are so fussy about tp!) I also got kerosene this afternoon. And the price was the same as last time. Yay!

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Good going girl! We recycle newspaper for toilet paper but what they bring in exchange might not meet your standard. I switch it out when expecting guests.
Keep warm!