Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday, Earthquake+14

A jolt at 5:30 am (I think) got me up to turn the heater on in preparation for morning ablutions on a chilly morning. Several more throughout the morning as is usual these days. HoHum.                                                

Thursdays at the office we generally have a Prayer Meeting open to all OMFers in the area. Today we were twelve and spent time praying through Psalm 16, and telling things that had encouraged us in the past few days, as well as praying specifically for OMFers working directly with the relief effort. I really enjoyed hearing the voices of people praying in small groups rising in our own small symphony of praise.                                                                                 

On the table in the office lunch area today was a plastic box of sweets. Well, the remains - two to be exact - were left. I picked one up and it was quite heavy for it's size, and a bit squashy feeling. Even though I could read the letters on top of the small package, it didn't tell me what it was exactly. I did recognize the flower pictured - a strawberry blossom.

Further investigation revealed a whole strawberry totally encased in lovely, soft mochi. (see the December post about mochi if you're not sure what it is). It was very fragile and needed to be eaten immediately!

No comments: