Friday, March 18, 2011

"The Big One" one week later

Apologies for letting this blog go for a few days.

Living in Tokyo at this time, like working with two-year-old children is a bit like being nibbled to death by ducks.

I am so happy to get emails and Facebook posts from people everywhere, but I feel compelled to respond to each. The difficulty is that we are also facing daily power cuts, which means no Internet connection. I have also been keeping up with as much of my regular work as possible, and at the same time I'm trying to be ready for possible eventualities such as the possibility of being advised to evacuate.

If I am advised to leave Tokyo, I would ask to go to Hokkaido for a time rather than to the US or another country. I think that if I returned to Florida, I might no be able to return here to work.

We're due for a power cut soon, so I'll let this go for now.

No comments: