Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Day Off

Saturdays are usually my day off. As I wrote yesterday, I thought I would stay in bed during the scheduled early morning power cut. I woke just before 6 and decided to make a pot of hot water to put in the thermos, and check my emails and get the latest news. The latest news was that the power cut was canceled. So I stayed up.

I used to think I was a pretty flexible person. This last week has really put a strain on my ability to flex. Almost every day I started out with a plan or an idea about what I would do or what I thought would happen and every evening would find me doing something totally different or thinking about totally different things.

So I spent my day off being quiet, sort of gathering energy for the week to come. The earth was fairly quiet too till around 7 pm when we had a bit of a shake. Tomorrow will be church. Ms. S. my old friend plans to be there too. She's not a believer, but believes some things - she says listening to hymns has a healing effect.

4 comments:

Jaime Marie Pinckard said...

I've been wondering about your friend! How is she?

Georgia said...

Dare?

Laurie Elliot said...

I love that bit about " I used to think I was a pretty flexible person. This last week has really put a strain on my ability to flex. " :-)

Also the title of your last entry - "The New Normal".

Georgia said...

It amazes me how quickly things that are our daily routine can be replaced by a new regime O.o